Olive Leaf Extract (OLE) is one of the most amazing herbal extracts to come along in the 21st century. Olive Leaf Extract is a natural antimicrobial supplement that does not have the dangers or side-effects of antibiotics, it is a powerful cocktail of antioxidants, many time more potent than green tea, grape seed or vitamin C.
Olive leaf extracts are now marketed as an anti-aging, immune stimulator, and an antibiotic.
All extracts are not manufactured the same way!
The formulation of extracts and their process can produce quite different results. There are some olive leaf extracts on the market that work really well and others that do not. And unfortunately, there are some that are worthless.
How It Works
According to laboratory tests, calcium elenolate (derived from oleuropein) kills viruses by interfering with certain amino acid production processes. This interference prevents virus shedding, budding or assembly at the cell membrane.
There are no toxic chemicals used in the preparation of Olive Leaf Extract.
No known studies have been conducted with regards to pregnancy or nursing mothers. Also, no known studies of interactions between Olive Leaf Extract and other pharmaceuticals have been performed. You should consult your doctor before.
Olive leaves have been used safely for thousands of years. The only known side-effect is the possibility of a Herxheimer reaction, an allergic response caused by the rapid die-off of fungi that release toxins which may temporarily cause a brief allergic reaction, lasting for several days.
- Some people experience what is known as Herxheimers Reaction. This is a detoxification reaction and not a counteraction to the product.If you get symptoms such as fatigue, diarrhea, headaches, muscle/joint aches or flu-like symptoms, temporarily discontinue taking Olive Leaf Extract or cut back on the amount taken until the body can eliminate the toxic waste.
- A few individuals have reported a slight headache due to detoxification. If this should occur, any common pain reliever seems to work to curb the discomfort.
Benefits of Olive Leaf Extract
- Fight obesity – A cuppa fortified with Olive Leaf Extract.
- Chronic Fatigue – It is not a cure-all, but Chronic Fatigue patients are often helped.
- Skin Conditions – A male patient reported significant improvement in a chronic scalp infection.
- Flu and Colds – Olive Leaf Extract is a potent tool against the common cold and flu.
- Herpes – Olive Leaf Extract has been known to help herpes patients.
- Helps Low Cholesterol and Reduce Blood Pressure.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis – A patient after taking Olive Leaf Extract for 3 weeks noticed more flexibility in their fingers, elbows and neck.
- Bacterial Infections – Has been known to help in the aid of bacterial infections.
- Fungus and Yeast Infections – Improvement of fugal infections has been reported by a number of patients.
Olive Leaf Extract for Dogs, Cats and other animals
Olive leaf works by stimulating your pet’s own immune system protective cells (phagocytes) to ingest foreign invaders. Olive Leaf Extract is highly effective in eliminating microorganisms, which supports its use in almost any type of infection.
It’s the only herb known to man that is anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial. I recommend it for animals that have incurable viral based diseases like feline leukemia and feline AIDS.